- Learn categories of haptic devices
- Understand the definition and principles of grounded force-feedback devices
- Check existing resources dedicated to haptics
- Kuchenbecker, K. J. (2018). Haptics and Haptic Interfaces. In M. H. Ang, O. Khatib, & B. Siciliano (Eds.), Encyclopedia of Robotics. Berlin, Heidelberg: Springer.
- Hayward, V., Astley, O. R., Cruz‐Hernandez, M., Grant, D., & Robles‐De‐La‐Torre, G. (2004). Haptic interfaces and devices. Sensor review.
- Seifi, H., Zhang, K., & MacLean, K. E. (2015). VibViz: Organizing, visualizing and navigating vibration libraries. proceedings of IEEE World Haptics Conference, pp. 254-259.
- Video of Haptic master VR
- Video of the Haply
No correction has been reported by the community.
- What differentiates grounded force-feedback (GFF) devices from other categories of haptic devices? Explain your answer.
- Identify grounded force-feedback (GFF) devices in the following examples. Which one(s) is a kinesthetic device? Is defining the category of a device always straightforward?
1.3 Find a paper that employs a grounded force-feedback (GFF) device in an application or user study. Describe the application or the goal of the user study in a few sentences.
You can look through the papers published in the major haptics, robotics, and human-computer interaction venues:
- ACM CHI
- ACM UIST
- IEEE Transactions on Haptics
- IEEE World Haptics Conference
- IEEE Haptics Symposium
Let us know your comments and questions about this chapter.